Zaporozhye State Medical Academy was founded in the year 1903 in Odessa for Women Pedagogic courses specially. A few year later in 1921, it became Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1921 it was reformed to State Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1959 it was then transferred to the city of Zoporozhye and renamed to Zoporozhye Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1964 the faculty of general medical was started and it became to be known as Zoporozhye Medical Institute. Finally, in the year 1994 it got level IV accreditation from the government of Ukraine and is now called as Zaporozhye State Medical University.
ZSMU, Zoporozhye today is among the few top medical colleges in Ukraine that imparts medical and pharmaceutical education to Ukrainian and foreign students from around 42 countries. Zaporozhye State Medical Academy works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. The university has recognition from WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Zaporozhye State Medical University offers bachelors, masters and specialist courses to foreign students too in English medium which is the reason hundreds of Indian students choose it every year for MBBS in Ukraine. Zaporozhye follows the education system adopted in rest of Europe and is a part of the Bologna process.
Main advantages of studying at ZSMU are:
- Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the top medical universities in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Zaporozhye is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Zaporozhye too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Zaporozhye State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Zaporozhye are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- he total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Zaporozhye State Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Zaporozhye have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- The city of Zaporozhye in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.