Do you want to study MBBS in Philippines ?
The Philippines, also known as the Republic of Philippines is situated in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown. Philippines was a colony of USA for around 50 years and thus the country follows the American system of education.
Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit. The country also hosts the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank. The Philippines has shown a great transition in economy from agriculture to the one with services and manufacturing. In addition to membership in the United Nations, the Philippines is also a founding and active member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations).
As a founding member of the United Nations, the Philippines has been elected many times into the Security Council. The country is also an active participant in the Human Rights Council and in peacekeeping missions.
MBBS Study in Philippines
The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [Doctor of medicine]. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries. This degree comprises of medical theory, practicals and clinical rotation giving a better exposure to the students. The degrees obtained from medical universities in Philippines are recognized by World Health Organization and Medical Council of India.
Philippines is one the countries known for providing a quality education in medicine like MBBS, MD etc. The higher level of practical sessions and experienced teaching staff in Medical colleges of Philippines has gained significant popularity around the world. The infrastructure of the medical universities, the curriculum and atmosphere in the colleges of Philippines makes it a preferred location of education for international students. The cost of the complete MBBS course in Philippines is much lower as compared to other countries.
The medical universities are approved by the Medical Council of India(MCI) and WHO. The medium of teaching is English which breaks the major barrier of communication for international students. The calculations say that the students who have completed MBBS, MD courses from Philippines are known to have 100% success rate, in the region under USMLE.
Is it safe and Affordable to Study MBBS in Philippines?
Yes, there is immense cultural diversity in the society with an international exposure. It is in close proximity to other Asian countries thereby being a constant tourist destination. It has extensive business centers and advanced information technology.
Why MBBS In Philippines?
Philippines offers high quality education with a safe environment to the international students. The fees is very low as compared to many countries. The degree in medical obtained from Philippines is accepted globally. This helps the students to get a job in any part of the world.
The academic calendar starts in June and ends in March. There are two semesters in each academic year, one from June to October and the other from November to March. The language of instruction is English which makes it a favorable place for many international students. The infrastructure of the medical colleges is much superior in terms of staff, equipments and technology.
The students are given hands on training and practical clinical rounds which helps in their overall growth as a doctor. The students from India are eligible to take MCI screening exam after they complete their medical degree from a medical college in Philippines. The MBBS or MD degree from a college in Philippines is recognized by WHO and MCI.
Advantages of Studying Medical (MBBS) in Philippines
- Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI): Students will get 'Eligibility Certificate' from MCI & can practice in India after appearing for Screening Test. After Graduating students can apply for Government jobs in India and do PG/MD/MS courses in India.
- Medical Universities Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva, FAIMER etc. Graduates can apply for license with Medical Councils of more than 180 countries.
- Study Medicine in Philippines - Get Dual Degree (BS & MD)
- Full English Medium Teaching for all Faculties
- Affordable education, accommodation & living cost.
- American Style PBL Curriculum. Eligible appear sit for USMLE.
- Philippines is the fourth Largest English speaking country in the world. Education system similar to that of USA, as a result of a long relation with USA.
- Medical & Nursing education geared towards Employment in USA/ UK and easy to pass USMLE [Medical] , CGFNS, NCLEX [ Nursing]
- Since English is the language of communication and language of instruction in Universities, No need to learn another to talk to patients [Medical students] Therefore providing a better understanding of the subjects.
- One of the largest immigrant community in USA is Filipinos
- The Philippines has the highest English literacy rate in Asia - 93.8%.
- The Philippines attracts students from more than 65 countries. Students from the United States and Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong are also studying in the Philippines
Check Your MBBS Eligibility to Study in Philippines
- A student with 12th Standard in Science or Equivalent Examination with a minimum of 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and if the student belongs to reserved category, then a score of 40% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is sufficient as per MCI guidelines is good to go for MBBS.
- NEET qualification mandatory
Facilities in Universities
Facilities for the MBBS Students
- Separate hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls
- Indian Food available
- Late night open libraries within campus and in hostels as well
- In house Gym facilities
- Well equipped Laboratories
- Computer centres with Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Hotspots within campus – this is a big advantage of doing MBBS degree in Philippines